How to Choose Mindfulness Books for Social Anxiety
Are you looking for mindfulness books for social anxiety? I’ve scoured Amazon and come up with a list of books that I think would make good additions to your collection.
Depending on what path you want to take, you could learn about mindfulness, learn how to meditate, write in a daily journal, or complete a workbook. Let’s have a look at the roundup below.
If you prefer audio books or don’t like having to wait for books to arrive in the mail, remember that you can also access a whole library of books through services like Kindle Unlimited or Amazon’s Audible! You can get a 30-day FREE trial and start listening right away with
Mindfulness for Beginners
Everyone has to start somewhere when it comes to learning mindfulness. These books are a good introduction to the topic if you are just starting out. Remember that mindfulness is a journey, not a destination, and take your time as you learn about it. If you don’t “get it” right away, that doesn’t mean that you never will. It takes practice and dedication. The learning is in the “doing” rather than just the intellectual understanding.
- The Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Social Anxiety: Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy to Free Yourself From Fear and Reclaim Your Life
- Mindfulness: An Eight-Week Plan for Finding Peace in a Frantic World
- The Little Book of Mindfulness: 10 Minutes a Day to Less Stress, More Peace
- Get Out of Your Mind & Into Your Life: The New Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Mindfulness for Beginners: Reclaiming the Present Moment and Your Life
A big piece of the puzzle when it comes to social anxiety is learning how to practice self-compassion. In other words, not beating yourself up when it feels like you are not making progress or experiencing setbacks. These books and workbooks will help you learn how to be kinder to yourself, which is an important strategy for overcoming social anxiety.
- The Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook: A Proven Way to Accept Yourself, Build Inner Strength, and Thrive
- The Mindful Path Through Shyness: How Mindfulness and Compassion Can Help Free You From Social Anxiety, Fear, and Avoidance
- Calming Your Anxious Mind: How Mindfulness and Compassion Can Free You From Anxiety, Fear, and Panic
Never underestimate the power of a good mindfulness meditation session. I prefer guided meditation as a starting point, particularly if you struggle with your mind wandering or not being able to easily let go of intrusive thoughts. These books will give you a glimpse of mindfulness meditation and how to start incorporating it into your daily life.
- Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life
- The Headspace Guide to Meditation and Mindfulness
- The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation
- Practical Meditation for Beginners: 10 Days to a Happier Calmer You
- Mindfulness Meditiations for Anxiety: 100 Simple Practices to Find Peace Right Now
Do you have a good understanding of mindfulness but still struggle to apply it to your daily life? If so, a mindfulness journal might be the answer. These journals help you to actually put into practice what you know about being mindful in your daily life. I find journals particularly good if you are the type who likes to write about how you are feeling or find catharsis through exploring your feelings in a written form.
- A Year of Mindfulness: A 52-Week Guided Journal to Cultivate Peace and Presence
- Zen as F*ck: A Journal for Practicing the Mindful Art of Not Giving a Sh*t
- The Mindfulness Journey for Anxiety: Daily Prompts and Practices to Find Peace
This list wouldn’t be complete without mentioning the mindfulness workbooks. Workbooks put theory into practice and lead you through a series of exercises to help you understand mindfulness with a greater sense of clarity. If you’ve moved beyond the stage of learning and want to put everything into practice, a workbook is your logical next step.
- The Mindfulness Workbook for Anxiety: The 8-Week Solution to Help You Manage Anxiety, Worry, & Stress
- The Mindfulness Workbook for Social Anxiety (available as an instant download through my Teachable shop)
- The Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Anxiety: A Guide to Breaking Free From Anxiety, Phobias, and Worry Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Mindfulness for Teen Anxiety: A Workbook for Overcoming Anxiety at Home, at School, and Everywhere Else
Sometimes what you need is not a book but a set of tools. For that reason, I’ve included on this list some activities and tools that you could consider in your quest toward mindfulness.
- The Anxiety and Stress Solution Deck: 55 CBT & Mindfulness Tips & Tools (set of cards)
- Mindful Kids: 50 Mindfulness Activities for Kindness, Focus, and Calm (set of cards)
That’s it! Whether you are looking for beginner material, self-compassion, meditation, journals, workbooks, or tools, I think you’ll find something helpful on this list.
Related Articles about Mindfulness for Social Anxiety
- How to Practice Daily Mindfulness
- Reduce Social Anxiety with Guided Meditation
- Easy Meditation for Beginners
WANT TO REMEMBER THIS? SAVE BEST MINDFULNESS BOOKS FOR SOCIAL ANXIETY TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Best Mindfulness Books for Social Anxiety
Here are some of my favorite social anxiety tools
Thanks for reading! I hope you found some helpful tips. Since this site is about social anxiety, I wanted to also share some tools I use that I hope you’ll find helpful. Some of these are affiliate links, so if you decide to try them, I’ll earn a commission. However, I only recommend things I have used myself and would recommend to a friend or family member.
Online Therapy: For online therapy, I have personally used and like the service offered by Betterhelp. It's easy to get started from the comfort of your home. You'll even get a discount on your first month of therapy when you use my link.
Doctor Visits: For doctor visits, Web Doctors offers convenient online appointments.
Audible Subscription: I recommend a lot of self-help books on this site, but I actually prefer an audiobook subscription over print books! My favorite subscription service is Audible because it has all the best-sellers and they stay in your digital library forever (even if you end your subscription). You can sign up for a free trial and listen to your first two books for free.
Social Anxiety Masterclass: The Social Anxiety Masterclass is my signature course where I walk you through everything I know about how to manage social anxiety. If you're not ready to enroll in the course, be sure to subscribe to my email newsletter to hear about special deals!
Free Training: "Conversation Advice for Overthinkers"
Check out this free training offered by the experts at Social Pro Now!
- How to use "Conversational Threading" to avoid awkward silence
- The proven way to get past boring small talk
- Instantly beat self-consciousness with the "OFC-method"
- Busting the myth that you have to get a "more interesting life" to be more interesting"