Gift Ideas for People with Anxiety
Choosing gifts for people with anxiety can be nerve-wracking (no pun intended). You might want to give that person something to help them relax, but at the same time you may not want to bring attention to the fact that they live with anxiety.
I think the key to choosing a gift is to think about the person first. What do they like? What do they dislike? Then, peruse the lists below and only choose something that you think they would appreciate outside of the whole realm of living with anxiety.
In other words, don’t get your mother-in-law scented candles if you’ve never seen one in her house. Make sense?
Here’s a list of 65 ideas to get you started.
Do you know someone who always seems tense and can never relax? This person deserves a gift that is all about relaxation and destressing.
Depending on how well you know the person, anything from a simple candle to a weighted blanket might make sense. If you don’t know their preferences well, you could even choose
- Weighted Blanket
- Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
- Majestic Pure Lavender Oil
- Lavender-Scented Neck Heat Wrap
- Lavender Spray
- Lemon chamomile tea
- Bath Bombs Gift Set
- Yankee Candle Lavender Vanilla
- Gift card for a massage
Should you buy a book for someone who has anxiety? Again, that depends on how you think they will react. Is their anxiety a well-known thing? If not, don’t be presumptious and help solve their problems.
On the other hand, if you know they are dealing with some heavey *stuff*, sharing the love with a book you know could help isn’t a bad thing.
- How to Be Yourself
- The Shyness and Social Anxiety Workbook
- The Self-Acceptance Project
- Getting Over Stage Fright
- Audible Membership
- Scribd Membership
- CBT Workbook for Social Anxiety (printable)
- Mindfulness Workbook for Social Anxiety (printable)
Mindfulness & Meditation
Some of my favorite gift ideas fall in the mindfulness and meditation category. These gifts don’t scream “you have anxiety and I’m trying to fix you!” Instead, they suggest a calmer and slower way of life, one that we all should strive toward.
- Silent Mind – Tibetan Singing Bowl Set
- The Headspace Guide to Meditation and Mindfulness
- The Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Social Anxiety
- Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Gift card for a local yoga studio
- A subscription to a meditation app
This one is probably best reserved for a family member who you know is truly struggling, such as a child, sibling, or other close person to you. Why not offer to pay for several months of online therapy? Online therapy is a fraction of the cost of in-person visits and can fit anyone’s schedule.
(To hear a first-hand review of Betterhelp, I suggest the video below from Faith, a mental health blogger at Radical Transformation Project)
If you’re truly stuck on a gift for a female, jewelry is an easy option. Below is a list of some jewelry that has an anxiety spin, such as essential oil jewelry and worry rings.
- Dreamcatcher Tassel Essential Oil & Aromatherapy Long Diffuser Necklace
- Your Anxiety Is Lying to You Bracelet
- Essential Turquoise Bracelet
- Worry Ring
- Fidget Ring
- Capsule Diffuser Necklace
- Rose Gold Serotonin Necklace
- Modern Oval Diffuser Necklace
Giving someone a nice journal along with a set of good pens is a gesture that they can appreciate all year long. Again, it’s not a gift that singles the person out for anxiety, but can certainly help them to manage how they are feeling.
- Gel Pens Set
- Present, Not Perfect: A Journal for Slowing Down, Letting Go, and Loving Who You Are
- Law of Attraction Daily Planner
- Living Well Planner
Art-Therapy Inspired Gifts
Art-therapy inspired gifts are a super idea for the creative soul with anxiety. Being creative is a good way to manage emotions and anxiety. What’s your favorite type of art to create? Think about sharing that love of art with the person you are buying a gift for.
- Art journal
- Digital postcard
- Vision board
- Inspirational Quote Cards Desk Set
- Inspirational Perpetual Daily Flip Calendar
Health-related gifts are a good idea if the anxious person is also very much into their helath. Below are some ideas to consider.
- LETSCOM Fitness Tracker
- Inspirational Fitness Workout Sports Water Bottle with Time Marker
- Gaia Herbs Ashwagandha Root for Stress Relief
- 23 and Me Health + Ancestry DNA Testing Kit
- Genius Joy Serotonin Mood Booster for Anxiety Relief
- CALM NOW Soothing Stress Support Supplement
If you want to help someone increase their confidence, choose gifts that will help them do it! Again, you’ll need to be careful who you gift these to, but most people will appreciate a chance to boost their confidence.
- Style Challenge
- Oxytocin nasal spray
- The Self Confidence Workbook: A Guide to Overcoming Self-Doubt and Improving Self-Esteem
Below are some celebrity picks if you want your gifts for people with anxiety to have stories attached to them.
A neat way to keep giving all year round is to choose a subscription box gift. If you can’t afford a full year subscription, just order them a box for the month of their birthday or other holiday! You could even consider making your own gift box rather than purchasing a subscription.
- Therabox Self Care
- Simple Loose Leaf Tea
- Essentially Simple Box
- The Artistry of Coloring Club
- The Go Love Yourself Box
- Quote Jar Curator
A silly t-shirt that makes them laugh is a good choice as far as gifts for people with anxiety. You know the person—what would they like?
- I’m Only Talking to My Dog Today
- I’ve Got Anxiety
- Anxiety Is My Cardio
- People Stress Meowt
- Let That Sh*t Go
- You Can Be Anything, So Be Kind
Related Articles About Gifts and Anxiety
- 10 Tips to Manage Holiday Stress
- How to Deal with Depression During the Holidays
- What Happened When I Wore 20 Things for 33 Days