Gift Guide for Introverts
Are you looking for the best gifts for introverts? Not every introvert has social anxiety, but living as an introvert can involve challenges that may result in a bit of anxiety about social settings. If being around people too much causes you anxiety, and the thought of giving a speech terrifies you, it could be that you have a bit of social anxiety to go along with your introversion.
On the flip side, introversion is coming into it’s own in the public space. Author Susan Cain has led a movement of “introversion positivity” that seeks to level the playing field in terms of workspaces, education, and how the world generally is set up. It’s no longer an automatic that open cubicles and non-stop meetings are the way business needs to be done. Introverts unite!
With that said, if you have a friend who is an introvert, you might be wondering what type of gifts you could buy them that would be right up their alley. Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! Anything that plays into their natural tendency for deep thought, quiet time, and low-key stimulation will be perfect.
Most introverts are pretty okay with their introvert status, so they’re much more likely to enjoy a sweater or mug that shows off their introverted-ness than someone with social anxiety. Consider these gift items if you know the person is pretty open about being an introvert.
- I’d Rather Be Reading Hoodie
- Sorry I’m Late I Didn’t Want to Come Hoodie
- Go Away I’m Introverting Socks
- I Survived Another Meeting That Should Have Been an Email Mug
Most introverts like to spend time alone to recharge their batteries. The items below will help them do that whether it’s in the bath, at bedtime, at tea time, or just when they don’t want to be disturbed.
- Luxury Spa Bath Pillow
- Tregini Luxury Bathtub Caddy
- Deep Steep Bubble Bath, Lavender Chamomile
- Asutra Weighted Silk Eye Pillow Sleep Mask
- Simple Loose Leaf Tea Subscription Box
I highly recommend picking out a book you think your introverted friend might enjoy. While Susan Cain’s “Quiet” is one of the best-known on the topic of introversion, there are many other contenders as well. Bonus—your introvert friend can add this book to their collection for those times when they need to escape from the world. Introverts also tend to be deep thinkers, so anything journaling-related is sure to be appreciated.
- The Highly Sensitive Person
- Quiet Girl in a Noisy World
- The Secret Lives of Introverts: Inside Our Hidden World
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking
- The Introvert Advantage: How Quiet People Can Thrive in an Extrovert World
- One Question a Day: A Five-Year Journal
- Introvert Dreams: A Coloring Book Journey
- Introverts Retreat Monthly Book Box for Introverted Women
Sometimes being an introvert is all about wanting privacy. The items below are all in that vein, ranging from a video doorbell (who wouldn’t want to see whose knocking at their door before they answer?) and reflective sunglasses. Even something as simple as a Do Not Disturb sign that they can hang on their bedroom door might be appreciated.
- Doorbell Camera with Facial Recognition, Voice Interaction, Night Vision
- Reflective Mirror Lens Horn Rimmed Sunglasses
- Genuine Wood In-Ear Noise-Isolating Earbuds
- Do Not Disturb Door Hanger Sign
If your friend is aware they are an introvert, they are probably also curious about other aspects of their personality. Help them dive a little deeper by giving them a book that helps them determine their personality types according to popular tests like the MBTI or enneagram.
- Essential Enneagram: The Definitive Personality Test and Self-Discover Guide
- Type Talk: The 16 Personality Types That Determine How We Live, Love, and Work
Introverts crave deep connections, so no matter what gift you choose, make sure that you are keeping that person in mind. Here are some final ideas of things to think about that will be specific to the gift receipient.
- Collectible Items
- First Editions of Books
- Photo Books
- Favorite Snacks
- A Goodie Bag filled with their favorite things (e.g., journal, pen, essential oil, sudoku book, chocolates, lip balm)
That’s it! If you’ve got an introverted friend, you know that it’s the thought that counts. Whether you choose to give a clothing/home item, book, privacy gadget, personality test, or something personalized for them, make sure that you give them the best gift of all—space when they need it.
Related Articles about Introversion
- 6 Myths About Quiet People
- You Can Have Positive Self Esteem and Social Anxiety
- Book Review: How to Be Yourself
The Best Gifts for Introverts
Here are some of my favorite social anxiety tools
Thanks for reading! I hope you found some helpful tips. Since this site is about social anxiety, I wanted to also share some tools I use that I hope you’ll find helpful. Some of these are affiliate links, so if you decide to try them, I’ll earn a commission. However, I only recommend things I have used myself and would recommend to a friend or family member.
Online Therapy: For online therapy, I have personally used and like the service offered by Betterhelp. It's easy to get started from the comfort of your home. You'll even get a discount on your first month of therapy when you use my link.
Doctor Visits: For doctor visits, Web Doctors offers convenient online appointments.
Audible Subscription: I recommend a lot of self-help books on this site, but I actually prefer an audiobook subscription over print books! My favorite subscription service is Audible because it has all the best-sellers and they stay in your digital library forever (even if you end your subscription). You can sign up for a free trial and listen to your first two books for free.
Free Training: "Conversation Advice for Overthinkers"
Check out this free training offered by the experts at Social Pro Now!
- How to use "Conversational Threading" to avoid awkward silence
- The proven way to get past boring small talk
- Instantly beat self-consciousness with the "OFC-method"
- Busting the myth that you have to get a "more interesting life" to be more interesting"
Social Anxiety Masterclass: The Social Anxiety Masterclass is my signature course where I walk you through everything I know about how to manage social anxiety. If you're not ready to enroll in the course, be sure to subscribe to my email newsletter to hear about special deals!