A Cratejoy Review for Mental Health Subscription Boxes
Have you heard of Cratejoy or read a Cratejoy review? It’s a one-stop-shop for subscription boxes for anything from used books to self-care. It’s a wonderful way to support your mental health in an affordable way (and a great gift idea).
However, if you go to their site, you’ll need to sift through 200 boxes to find the ones that actually relate to mental health. If that’s all you’re looking for, I’ve done the work for you and picked out everything I could find that would support your mental health (and help you reduce your social anxiety).
Not sure a subscription box is right for you? Here are a few ideas on how you could make use of a subscription box to support your mental health. The best part about subscription boxes is that they are delivered right to your mailbox each month; no need to even leave the house to shop for gifts or yourself.
While it’s important to always be happy with what you have, sometimes it’s okay to treat yourself too.
Keep Part and Gift the Rest
One of the most cost-effective ways to use a subscription box is to keep part for yourself and then give away the rest as gifts. Since it’s unlikely you’ll like every item in every box, this is a way of making sure you get the most value for your dollar. Since most boxes are valued at more than the cost of the box, you’ll essentially be getting your items for free while having gift ideas delivered to your doorstep. Win-win!
- Simple Loose Leaf Tea (4 new teas each month)
- Essentially Simple Box (1 essential oil and 3-5 products each month)
- Ten Teas (ten loose leaf teas each month)
- Free Your Tea (loose leaf tea based on your preferences to make a pitcher of iced tea a week)
- Respyre (wellness teas for health and happiness)
- A Curated Thrift (receive a curated outfit each month)
- Merkaela (health and wellness products)
- Adults & Crafts Crate (materials, tools, & instructions for craft projects)
Share a Digital Subscription
If you sign up for something like the Monthly Coloring Club (see below), which offers a digital subscription option, you could potentially share a subscription with friends or family members. Each month, you’d simply print out enough coloring pages for each of the others sharing your subscription.
- The Artistry of Coloring Club (digital coloring pages with different themes including digital option) *from only $7/month
Only Sign up for Your Birthday Month
Want to treat yourself but don’t want to be locked into a monthly subscription? Consider getting a box for yourself just on your birthday month. Choose a box that you’re really interested in, so that you know you’ll be receiving something you’re excited about.
- Introverts Retreat (items for introverts and homebodies)
- Bombay & Cedar (vegan & cruelty-free beauty, aromatherapy and wellness)
- Spiral Rain (crystals, jewelry, aromatherapy, rituals, and herbs to align your energy)
- Do a Shot of Yoga! (4-5 yoga, self-care, and healthy living tools)
Consider it Self-Help
While self-help will never replace therapy, everyone can do little things for themself to boost their mental health. If you think about it this way, spending a bit of money each month on something that’s going to remind you to take care of yourself isn’t so bad. Something like the Adults & Crafts Crate would fit this bill well; doing art projects can be therapeutic but often it’s hard to get things together to actually do the crafts. If a box arrives each month with everything you need, you’ll be more likely to actually complete a project.
TheraboxSelf Care (curated by therapists)
- Quote Jar Curator (wit, wisdom, and insight with notecard/tea/gift item)
- The Go Love Yourself Box (life coaching and personal growth in a box)
Still not sure? Here’s a video review of one of the boxes above (Simple Loose Leaf Tea)
What about you? Have you ever tried a subscription box? If so, I’d love to hear your feedback. Did you find it worthwhile? What did you choose? Let me know in the comments below.
Related Articles about Mental Health Products
- Best Gift Ideas for Introverts
- 38+ Gift Ideas for People with Depression
- 65+ Gift Ideas for People with Anxiety
WANT TO REMEMBER THIS? SAVE CRATEJOY REVIEW: HOW A SUBSCRIPTION BOX COULD SUPPORT YOUR MENTAL HEALTH TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Cratejoy Review: Subscription Boxes to Support Your Mental Health
Here are some of my favorite social anxiety tools
Thanks for reading! I hope you found some helpful tips. Since this site is about social anxiety, I wanted to also share some tools I use that I hope you’ll find helpful. Some of these are affiliate links, so if you decide to try them, I’ll earn a commission. However, I only recommend things I have used myself and would recommend to a friend or family member.
Online Therapy: For online therapy, I have personally used and like the service offered by Betterhelp. It's easy to get started from the comfort of your home. You'll even get a discount on your first month of therapy when you use my link.
Doctor Visits: For doctor visits, Web Doctors offers convenient online appointments.
Free Training: "Conversation Advice for Overthinkers"
Check out this free training offered by the experts at Social Pro Now!
- How to use "Conversational Threading" to avoid awkward silence
- The proven way to get past boring small talk
- Instantly beat self-consciousness with the "OFC-method"
- Busting the myth that you have to get a "more interesting life" to be more interesting"
Audible Subscription: I recommend a lot of self-help books on this site, but I actually prefer an audiobook subscription over print books! My favorite subscription service is Audible because it has all the best-sellers and they stay in your digital library forever (even if you end your subscription). You can sign up for a free trial and listen to your first two books for free.
Social Anxiety Masterclass: The Social Anxiety Masterclass is my signature course where I walk you through everything I know about how to manage social anxiety. If you're not ready to enroll in the course, be sure to subscribe to my email newsletter to hear about special deals!